To accomplish the extraordinary, you must seek extraordinary people. — James Lee Byars
This two day retreat brings together the top minds, thinkers and doers, in the fields of the physics of the universe both theoretical and experimental. The meeting fosters exchange and celebrates differences of opinion that provoke insightful discussions. We avoid standard prepared talks, and focus on exciting forefront issues spawned by new results and ideas. The summit this year is inspired by information as a technology and theory framework, by recent and upcoming results in cosmology, astronomy, the post-Higgs results, the evolution of the DM searches, and by paradigm shifting/breaking ideas in string theory, gravity and cosmology. A special session on "Data & the City, Data & the Universe" will highlight exciting data-driven applications and progress across new emerging disciplines.
POTUS contact: Dorian Kcira dkciraATcaltech.edu
ANDAZ contact: Keisha Butler Keisha.ButlerATandaz.com
NYU day contact: Lynn Denesopolis ld838ATnyu.edu, Neal Weiner nw32atnyu.edu
CUSP day contact: Jennifer Cho, Jennifer.ChoATnyu.edu
NYU Campus Event Venue: Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life (adjacent to Kimmel Center) 5th floor: Colloquium Room; 238 Thompson St, NY 10012
NYU CUSP Event Venue: 19th Floor: Jacobs Room; 1 Metrotech Center, Brooklyn, NY 11201
ANDAZ Wall Street: 75 Wall Street, New York, NY, 10005
- The summit kicks-off with the POTUS reception and family-style dinner at the Andaz Wall Street on Friday September 19.
- Saturday, September 20 The first day of the summit, sessions will be held at NYU at the Colloquium Room of the GSASL on the 5th Floor.
- Sunday, September 21 The second day of the summit, sessions will be held at the Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP), 19th Floor Jacobs Room.
- Participants will be housed at the The Andaz Wall Street where the POTUS kick-off reception and family style dinner (Septemeber 19) and the POTUS gala dinner (September 20) will be given.
- The summit is by invitation only; There is no registration or other fees for the scientific participants; Just make your way to the Andaz and the rest is covered.
|Dates:||from 19 September 2014 18:30 to 21 September 2014 20:55|